Monday, December 17, 2012

Chocolate Cream-Filled Vanilla Doughnuts






Today was a day for doughnuts.
These doughnuts are very special and were made with a very special person in mind.

I promised my sister I'd make these doughnuts for her, and I never break a promise!

Let me tell you, you can't just whip up some fresh doughnuts for your family for a quick breakfast.
Noo it is a process.
A delicious, beautiful process.
I absolutely loved spending the morning working on these guys, I've never deep fried anything before so it was a new experience for me. I will make make an exception for doughnuts.

Once you make homemade doughnuts, it's hard to even think about buying them ever again.
They are so amazingly fluffy, airy, and doughy and you feel like a pro because you totally just made your own doughnuts in your own kitchen. And you share them with neighbors and friends and parents and they all think you're so cool because you just made doughnuts! And they're flippin delicious too!

These doughnuts are perfect for making people happy and making the day a bit better.
They will cure all problems. I promise they are so yummy. I never break a promise.

The recipe can be found here at Joy the Baker


This chocolate pastry cream. Ooh man it is rich and creamy and I think I want to bathe in it. Or maybe just eat it instead.



 Let the little doughnuts rise for a bit on their pan


 The dough is so light and slightly sticky. It will soon become the most beautiful airy doughnut puff and it will be your new best friend.



 My version of deep frying: dutch oven, and a sauce whisk.
Boom. Homemade doughnuts, no fancy equipment needed


 The black hole of chocolate cream. Delicious yet deadly. Its like you can't look away no matter how hard you try.


These are best enjoyed warm, but will still be as wonderful after they've sat for a while.
Make these doughnuts part of your agenda.
It's like a mini challenge, and the prize is obviously awesome.


1 comment: